Keeper I/Animal Care
Reports to General Curator. Part-Time (25-30 hrs/week).
- Daily care and management of exotic, endangered animals at RSCF's FL facility
- Must have experience working with exotic animals in captivity
- Duties include daily diet preparation/feeding of parrots, primates and African hoofstock
- Enclosure/property maintenance, fabrication and design
- Must be able to work well with others, be physically fit (able to lift 75 lbs.), operate an ATV, and work outdoors in all weather conditions
- Must be available weekends and holidays
Compensation/Benefits: $14/hr to start with opportunity for advancement.
Florida resident only. Send current resume and letter of inquiry to firstname.lastname@example.org
Resident, Senior Animal-Care Specialist
Reports to Director. Full-time, salaried position.
At RSCF, we’re passionate about caring for wildlife. As a principal partner in Florida International University’s Tropical Conservation Institute, RSCF provides the real-time, hands-on conservation platform to develop and execute long-term recovery projects for critically endangered species.. We’re seeking an enthusiastic, dedicated, hard-working, career-seeking individual to help lead our animal-care team.
As a Resident Senior Animal Care Specialist:
- Live on-site at RSCF's 30-acre South Florida conservation and research center
- Responsible for providing excellent animal care and management every day
- Work in a consistent, professional and positive manner displaying consideration, tolerance, cooperation, open communication, and reliability
- Follow all husbandry, training, and safety protocols
- Safely and efficiently work with a diverse collection of animals including endangered small primates, parrots and African hoofstock.
- Maintain safe and sanitary animal habitats and working areas
- Maintain daily, weekly, and monthly records
- Create and provide animal enrichment
- Have a demonstrated ability to evaluate animal wellness
- Understand the natural and life histories of animals on-site
- Deliver instructional seminars as needed
- Be engaged in, and contribute to, RSCF conservation and recovery programs
- Other duties as assigned
The perks of the position:
As part of the RSCF team, you’ll enjoy a fun, fast-paced environment and great teammates, as well as:
- Full-time, salaried position with competitive compensation
- Paid time off
- Clean, comfortable on-site housing provided
If you’re looking for the opportunity to become involved in impactful, real-time, global conservation programs we'd like to hear from you!
What it takes to succeed:
- Must have 3 full time years of zoological/exotic species paid animal experience
- Be a self-starter, highly motivated to learn and apply new skills
- Have a demonstrated attention to detail
- High School diploma; 4-year college degree in relevant field preferred
- Must have a clean driving record and own a reliable vehicle for personal use
- Must be physically fit and comfortable working outdoors in south Florida weather conditions
- Able to frequently lift/move 50 pounds, occasionally lift/move up to 100 pounds stand for prolonged periods of time
- Commit to a flexible schedule that may include weekends, holidays, early mornings, and late evenings
- Possess strong written/verbal communication skills; ability to speak
- Commitment to learn and grow with a dynamic conservation team
How to Apply
Send letter of inquiry, resume, and references to email@example.com